How to get the Perfect Sweetheart Lips
Waitresses who wear red lipstick earn more in tips — 50% more, according to a study. So, lips are not just soft, floppy openings for food intake and talking – they are beautiful complicated organs that play a critical role in physical attractiveness, facial symmetry, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
Sweetheart Lips are one of the most enhanced features of the face using cosmetics, injections, and even surgery! Every year, over 900 million tubes of lipstick are sold globally and over 2.1 million lip fillers procedures were performed in the US in 2018 alone. Money well spent? Well, lips are biologically important features that attract attention, and lovers. And when enhanced, make you feel better and look younger, no matter your age.
Almost all women get these procedures to get the coveted ‘Sweetheart Lips’. Sweetheart lips are heart shaped lips with a full Cupid’s bow tapering out the edges and a nice and full shape centrally in both the upper and lower lip. They also give a good projection from the side, making the lips look plump and hydrated. Sweetheart lips have such a fan following because they have a fuller bodied look and an all-over plumped effect!
When we were younger, our lips naturally looked fuller as our bodies produced more hyaluronic acid when we were kids. Hyaluronic acid is crucial in attracting moisture and volume to the lips and also stimulates the lips’ ability to produce more collagen. This is the reason why most lip filler procedures involve injecting more hyaluronic acid into the lips to achieve the same look.
Why are Lip fillers so popular?
Lip fillers are quite a painless and easy procedure and usually last for 4-6 months. While everyone has their own reasons for seeking out lip fillers to get that pillowy plump look, the benefits of getting them are plenty and the same!
- They provide volume and structure: We all know lip fillers add more volume to the top and bottom lip, but as we age the structure of our lips decreases due to the lack of hyaluronic production in the body. Fillers provide the secret ingredient and a bit more structure to the lips to combat the aging process.
- They improve the overall shape: The desired shape and fullness of your lips are up to you! When you work with a specialist, you get to decide how full you want your lips to appear and where the best areas of injections would be based on the look you’re aiming for! The customization part of this treatment is the reason why more and more people are gravitating towards them.
- Lip fillers soften lines and wrinkles: Aging really does a number on the lips and signs of aging show up over time to steal the luster from our lips. Lip fillers fill those lines and wrinkles to give an overall soft and smooth canvas.
- They have long-lasting results: Unlike other procedures, lip fillers last for quite a while before needing to be touched up. You can expect to keep enjoying your plump lips for anywhere between 4-12 months.
- They have minimal side effects: Since, hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body, the risk of allergic reaction is extremely low. Apart from some redness and bruising, there are no adverse side effects of lip fillers when administered by an experienced injector.
- They have minimal downtime: When you walk out of the office, you can immediately go back to your daily routine. However, you can expect some light swelling and bruising 1-2 days after the procedure.
What Lip Filler would be the best for you?
It is always important to find an experienced dermatologist and plastic surgeon to consult which type of lip filler would work best for your skin and aesthetic needs. However, here are few of the most popular type of lip fillers:
- Juvéderm: This is one of the most popular hyaluronic acid dermal filler options with five different long-lasting and non-surgical fillers within the family. They all work to add volume and smoothness in the areas in which they’re injected. Depending on the look you’re going for and the concerns that you’re hoping to treat, you and the specialist at Alive Wellness Clinics can work together to choose the best Juvéderm option for you.
- Volbella: Volbella is a Juvéderm dermal filler designed to plump and augment the lips, and reduce the lines and wrinkles around the mouth that are usually caused by sun damage, lifestyle factors, and aging.
- Restylane: Restylane is another line of hyaluronic acid injectable gel that works to plump up the lips and smooth out the fine lines and wrinkles. It is a long-lasting, and non-surgical filler that is formulated to act like your body’s own naturally occurring hyaluronic acid to help restore the skin’s youthfulness.
- Croma: Another great option for enhancing the sweetheart lips is Croma, a hyaluronic acid based lip filler designed to gently correct wrinkles, restore volume loss, improve the tone and elasticity of the skin, hydrate, and of course, plump up the lips for an overall natural look.
One of the most amazing parts of opting for hyaluronic acid based lip fillers, aside from increasing the volume of the lips, is that it is not permanent. If you decide that the look of fillers isn’t for you after the procedure, the hyaluronic acid in the lips can be dissolved with the enzyme called hyaluronidase. The process of dissolving takes around 1-4 injections and up to 10 minutes.
Lip fillers are a quick and effective way to get the perfect sweetheart lips that will make you fall in love with your reflection again! However, lips are an incredibly tricky area to treat due to the presence of various nerve endings there. This is the reason why it is important to choose only the best and most qualified professional to do the job as that will not only guarantee desired results but also your safety and comfort during and after the procedure.
Our team of seasoned experts and qualified professionals at Alive Wellness Clinics are here to help everyone who walks through our doors to look and feel like their best self. There’s no time of the year when this is more important than Valentine’s Day when we all want to put our best foot forward and get the appreciation and compliments of our significant others. Book a session now and get the perfect luscious pout you’ve been dreaming of.