If you’ve been on the internet, the chances are that you must have seen your favorite celebrity lying on the couch with an IV drip! And no, we don’t mean the hospital kind! Favored by celebrities like Rihanna, Chrissy Teigen, and Simon Cowell, IV drips have soared in popularity and quickly become a go-to treatment for people looking to elevate their self care routine.
Whether you’re suffering from a hangover, fatigue, or jet lag or you wish to improve your health or get a radiant complexion, IV therapy with its varied benefits can help you with that! Each Intravenous Therapy drip contains a customized combination of antioxidants, electrolytes, essential fluids, and vitamins.
What are IV Drips?
You may have only come across IV drips before in the context of a hospital treatment but in reality, they have a far wider application.
IV stands for ‘intravenous’ which means ‘within a vein’. It refers to delivering medicine, fluids, or nutrients straight into the bloodstream via a vein. This allows for more consistent and accurate delivery than via an artery and is a much faster way of delivering essential nutrients and enzymes to the body than oral consumption as IV drips ensure instant absorption of the nutrients within the body.
Essentially, Intravenous Therapy drips of different formulations are used depending on your choice and needs to deliver vital nutrients directly and immediately into your bloodstream, allowing your body to absorb and utilize them effectively.
The results include feeling more refreshed and energized, often within a few hours, as well as experiencing an ongoing boost of energy, improved skin health and immune response (depending on the treatment received) over a number of days.
How do IV Drips work?
While opting for IV drips, firstly one has to go through an in-depth consultation with a healthcare practitioner in order to figure what type of Intravenous Therapy drip would be best suited for your concerns and goals.
Once a particular IV drip formulation has been selected, a small plastic tube called a catheter is placed directly into your vein via needle. This just feels like a tiny prick, however, in case you need help with the discomfort, a numbing spray or gel can be used to make the process more tolerable.
Once your vein has been accessed, the needle is removed but the catheter stays in place for the duration of the treatment which usually lasts anywhere between 30-60 minutes.
The catheter is attached to a single-use clear bag that contains your chosen IV infusion ( a saline-based electrolyte solution that contains a customized combination of vitamins and nutrients). This moves slowly through the catheter into your vein, directly into your bloodstream. Once the infusion is complete, the catheter is removed and you can go about your day.
What are different types of IV Drips?
You can choose from the following selection of Intravenous Therapy drips to select one that aligns the best with your aesthetic and wellness needs:
- Detoxification Booster IV Drip: Buildup of toxins in fat cells can hinder one’s ability to lose weight. This drip contains vital fluids, vitamins, and minerals that can reduce the toxic load and help your body in flushing out these harmful toxins.
- Immunity Booster IV Drip: This IV drip involves a cocktail of potent antioxidants like glutathione, cysteine, and arginine and can help you shield from flu and fight against viral and bacterial infection. It also helps in promoting white blood cell production in the body and improving cardiovascular health.
- Myer’s Cocktail IV Drip: Named after Dr. John Meyers who developed this elixir in the 1970s, this infusion contains magnesium, Vitamins B and Vitamin C, and can heal a variety of illnesses, including low energy and immunity.
- Hydration IV Drip: IV hydration drip helps people who have lost fluids due to vomiting, diarrhea, or hangover as well as athletes who are recovering from post-workout stress and wish to perform at their best.
- Nad+ Anti-Aging IV Drip: Anti-aging drip contains nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+), an essential enzyme that helps in cell repair and reduces the impact of oxidation in the body.
- Glow Drips: Glow drips contain the master antioxidant – Glutathione, which detoxifies the body and promotes cellular repair, leaving one feeling revitalized and fresh. It also provides an instant glow to the body by improving the appearance of your skin, hair, and nails.
Why are IV Drips getting so popular?
- They aid in instant nutrient absorption: IV drips bypass the digestive system which allows for immediate absorption of nutrients. This ensures a quick and efficient delivery of vitamins and minerals to the body, promoting overall wellness and boosting energy levels.
- They boost hydration: IV drips not only provide vital nutrients but also ensure optimal hydration. This is especially beneficial for athletes, travelers, or people recovering from illness or hangovers.
- They are customizable: IV drips are tailored to address individual needs and health goals. No matter your aesthetic or wellness goal, IV drips can be customized to meet your specific requirements.
- They have anti-aging benefits: The antioxidant-rich components in IV drips help combat free radicals and reduce oxidative stress, which are factors commonly associated with aging. This is why IV drips are sought after for their potential anti-aging benefits.
- They aid in post-workout recovery: IV drips are increasingly becoming popular among fitness enthusiasts for its ability to aid in post-workout muscle recovery and reduce inflammation.
IV drips are an excellent way of improving your physical health, wellness, and well-being. The wide variety of Intravenous Therapy drip cocktails can strengthen your immune system, help you in recovering from illness, detoxify your body, reduce headaches and migraines, boost energy levels, and so much more! Because of the plethora of benefits as well as quick and accessible treatment, they are an excellent option to add to your self-care routine and take it to the next level.
At Alive Wellness Clinics, our newly launched IV Drips are an opportunity to take care of your body, to take time for yourself, and to relax during your treatment. Step into the realm of wellness and let our skilled professionals pamper you with a personalized infusion tailored for your needs. Showcase the love you have for yourself and those around you with the transformative power of IV Drips. Book a session today and make this Valentine’s Day truly special by prioritizing your health and wellness.