Laser treatment for face is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that has become quite popular. Laser treatment has become the go-to due to demands to look good, body positivity, and flee from body shaming. Laser facials are trending and an upscale treatment, luring the alpha generation. Owing to the efficacy and immediate results, it’s a safe choice. Laser treatment for skin has evolved over the decade, with skin resurfacing techniques. Skin rejuvenation is now easy to attain, considering all safety considerations related to laser application.
TABLE OF CONTENT
1. What is laser treatment for the face?
Laser treatment for the face or laser skin resurfacing is a skin rejuvenation treatment. Dermatologists assess your skin type and recommend laser treatment accordingly. There are various types of laser to correct the texture, appearance, and other defects on skin. Laser treatment works on the principle of selective heating. The heat targets a selected area for absorption. It is done in the pulsatile durations of fractions of a second to achieve the desired result.
Various types of laser involved in skin treatment are
- Ablative laser – two common types are CO2 and Er: YAG. This type is used to treat severe forms of scars, wrinkles, pigmentation, and other formations or defects of the skin. It is more invasive and requires a more extended healing period.
- Non-ablative laser – This laser treatment for skin is less destructive due to its mild action. Healing is faster and highly recommended to fix superficial pigmentations and scars quickly.
2. Preparing for Laser Resurfacing
To keep all the stress at bay while going for laser resurfacing, it is essential to gather all relevant information about the procedure and the treating specialist. Given the sensitivity of the procedure, expertise and experience are quintessential for satisfactory results. One should have a plan to zap the blows and downtime of the laser treatment. Keep handy-
- A detailed history of the nature of the skin problem to mention to the doctor,
- Any medical history of relevance,
- Before and after pics as ready reference material,
- Previous history of skin breakouts, blisters, or sores.
One should be ready to accept modifications in daily routine, be like
- Quit smoking until the recovery is complete,
- Avoid vitamin E supplements during the treatment phase for 10 days as it hinders clotting,
- You might be prescribed antibiotics or antivirals for prophylaxis if you are susceptible to infections.
3. What to Expect During and After the Procedure
- It’s a routine in-clinic procedure and doesn’t require a hospital stay.
- 1-3 weeks of healing period is essential for skin to bounce back and recover.
- Post-operative complications like redness, scabbing, swelling might occur. Ice packs can alleviate these issues.
- You might not want to increase the chances of opportunistic infections by exposing yourself to humid climates, gymming, and outdoor activities.
- Post-treatment, you can expect dry, itchy skin for a period of 5 to 7 days.
- You may be prescribed steroids, antibiotics, and other ointments for skincare.
- You may be prescribed to use oil-free make-up.
- You will need to use high SPF sunscreens for your face, if at all stepping out in daylight. It is better to avoid the harsh blows of UV radiations to the nascent skin under-recovery.
- It will be an absolute necessity to keep your skin moisturised, as the redness, dryness, and peeling of skin will stay for a few days to months.
4. Cost of Laser Skin Resurfacing
The cost for laser skin treatment varies based on the expertise of the dermatologist and the infrastructure. Quality treatment is directly proportional to the results that you attain. Laser treatment for face cost in India is dependent on how much area is to be treated and which area is being treated. It’s a high-end service and luxurious treatment that not all can afford. Laser treatment for face costs in Delhi varies from USD 1100 to USD 2100. Given the delicate character of the procedure, it is further session-dependent. A higher number of sessions will, in turn, result in higher costing.
Laser treatment is very delicate and requires attention to tiny details. Outcome once achieved, might need a repeat session after a due course of a time period.
5. Who Is a Good Candidate For Laser Resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the trending choice for the graceful desire of facial aesthetics. The modern era is increasingly opting for laser facials to combat skin problems and look young. Basic skin problems revolve around skin ageing, sun allergies and burns, blemishes, and acne. Any defect of skin directly affects the texture and laxity of the skin. The demand and requests for laser skin treatment are on the rise as individuals are getting aware of the facts and fantasies of the treatment. You can go for skin resurfacing if you want to get rid of
-uneven skin tone and texture
-blemishes, scars and acne
-skin ageing problems like wrinkles, fine lines and creases
– sagging skin
-various types of growths or breaks in skin
Alive Wellness uses cutting-edge technology resulting in the highest level of service and treatment standards. We have a team of the best dermatologists in Delhi for your laser treatment for face. Given the fragility and delicate nature of the procedure, the application of laser yields the most satisfactory results when under fine and trained hands.